Get in ‘Shape’

|
(the dates are messy because I wrote it yesterday just forgot to post)

This has been the 18th day since my last run. Unbelievable. (!!!) Ever since I can’t actively move my legs I’ve been spending a lot of time on the internet, just for research. I try to explain why.

When I started the weight loss thing it was all about the loss. I had fat and unwanted body parts everywhere and I just wanted them to ‘shrink’. So I mostly did cardio work to burn the fat. But I saw the photos which were taken on the party and I had to realize that’s not enough any more. Odd enough, but I’m starting to be okay with my legs and butt, but my upper body is scandalous. On those photos they look like I was put together from two different person, like Frankenstein. It’s also been a topic on the blogosphere for a while so I found this: Capture3I’m a standard apple. Damn. Very small ankles and wrists, even my arms are small, but above my waist everything is so … I would say ‘weirdly shaped’.

figureI tried to look for any advice but the first thing they came up with this body type (on every site I visited) is that how critical for your health this situation on the long term, could be the source of cardio and etc problems. Fantastic. There were some diet suggestions (basically eat healthy, whatsoever) but no detailed workouts. Only reference: lift weights.

My reaction: great. I hate lifting weights, I hate doing this kind of exercises in general. But it seems that it might be the answer for my problem.

I have a couple of DVDs which have a great focus on the troubled areas, but there are some very cool Abs workout routines I found to be useful on youtube, in case you’re interested:

  • Lorie Baker's Pilates Routine: here.
  • The Best Pilates Core Workout Video: here.
  • Béres Alexandra - Abs workout: here. (note: this isn’t in English but a full 10 minute workout)

2 comments:

Someday SkinnyMinnie said...

Textbook Apple, over here. Just like you. The way I look at it, when I get down to where I want to be, I will look more even, right? Cross your fingers and hope, for the both of us!

Tricia said...

I'm HORRIBLE about getting my strength training in. :(