Injured, but…

|
So the weekend was hell. My ankle became unrecognizable, swollen and purple, I freaked out. However, it’s getting better and better but mostly due to doing nothing but resting. Seriously want my opinion? It sucks. So much. I wanted to go for a run this weekend to time my 5k but now I don’t know when it’s gonna happen. And the worst part is that my fear concentrated on that this way I’m gonna gain weight which I don’t want to. But, on the other hand I try to look at the bright side. It’s only a bruise, already healing. Much worse thing could have happened but it didn’t. After 3 months of intensive sport activity I guess a week of rest can mean no harm.

I had my WI on Saturday morning when I was still pretty much hangover. I spent the weekend analysing what exactly was the reason why I had such a minor loss? Anyway, my fear of gain I stepped on the scale today morning, just to check how my weekend went after all:

72.1kg / 158.6lbs (!!!)

I could hardly believe what I saw. I’m guessing the Sat WI was kinda false because of Thu night/Fri morning. This also means that I reached a metric system mile stone by losing 10.8kg (23.8lbs) after all. (and of course getting under the 160 mark) Not to mention, while I’m updating now I’m wearing a pair of goal jeans! Yay!

5 comments:

Someday SkinnyMinnie said...

I'm sorry to hear that your ankle is giving you trouble. Let it heal and then you can jump right back into your program. Congrats on the milestone!

Kristina said...

See what you did? You started out down and negative in your post and ended positive. Thats how we have to keep it up! Stay positive, even when your circumstances are negative. I am sorry about your ankle, but resting is good before your 5K and the milestone is fab! Congrats on the new jeans! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

RICE!! Rest, Ice (15 mins at a time, 3-4 times a day), Elevation, Compression! Haha sorry, we're learning about sprains and strains in my self care class. Also! Congrats on the loss =]

Unknown said...

Well, check you out, miss thing! Congrats on the loss and on wearing GOAL JEANS!
I'm sorry about the injury. Better to let it heal before getting back to business. 1 week won't set you back.

Angela Power said...

Sorry about your ankle! Understandable to be frustrated and a little anxious. But on the other hands, you're in goal jeans?!?!?! WOohoo!!!!!!