Injury update

|
I’d love to thank you all for the lovely comments on my previous post. (: I spent this week mostly resting, icing and using all kind of miracle things which could make my ankle hear faster. I only went to the university on Wednesday, but at the end of the day my ankle was swollen again. Also, I kept getting comments why on earth hadn’t I gone to a doctor’s office. Yesterday I was so freaked out I gave in. Personally, I hate hospitals and I have a sick fear from doctors. But I started to think about what if something had been torn in my ankle, when could I run again, if there was any serious problem and all I’d been doing just making damage? I’d love to use my legs on a long term, especially since I can say I’ve been a pretty active athlete recently. So we went to the local hospital’s Traumatology. It was freaking scary, but after the x-ray it turned out that there’s no serious injury to worry about. No break, no tear, it’s a bad sprained ankle but it is going to be fine, indeed.

I think I needed to hear that from a doctor. But it’s been 9 days since my last run and I’m really missing it. My lifestyle became so active during the past 3 months that now I hardly can cope with ‘doing nothing’ in general.

2 comments:

Someday SkinnyMinnie said...

I'm sorry that you're injured but at least you have some peace to know what's going on, right?

I know what you mean about picking up an active lifestyle. It's very strange to me, but on the days where I'm not running (right now it's just Monday, Wednesday and Friday) I find myself incredibly antsy, like I just need to get up and do something. I really can't imagine taking several days off at this point.

Angela Power said...

Awwww, sometimes sprains can be just as bad. :-(

Take care of that ankle until it completely heals up!